Human beings. People. We come in all different shapes and sizes. We come from afar, and we come from next door. We have different dreams, life experiences and backgrounds. We have different beliefs and different cultures…
Let’s be honest….We can be a handful!
But throughout all our differences, some things…Are universal.
Some things that make us human, bring us together and we share some very similar traits. Our goal as entrepreneurs and online marketers is to understand these similarities and ‘deal’ with them. Let’s look at what makes us so VERY human;
1. We All Want To Feel Worthwhile – No one wakes up in the morning and says, you know what I don’t want to make any contribution to my family, to society or to the planet. We all want to feel like we are a part of something. Knowing this, allows us to become better leaders for our teams and customers. Making someone feel like they are worth it, can change not only their day but yours as well.
2. We Also Respond & Need Encouragement – I always like to share the story of how when I first got started some of the people closest to me told me to give up. Stop trying to build an online business. And go get a real job. But then I found an inner circle of great people that encouraged me to fulfill my dreams and work towards my goals of working from home full time. Guess what? That worked a whole lot better than the group that was telling me to give up. Encourage each other, re-read Day One of Plus 1 Success because that’s the best thing you can do every day…Raise someone up and encourage them!
3. We Are Naturally Motivated To Grow – Think about it. We generally want to do better than they did the day before. We want to be better at sunset than we were at sunrise. Encourage growth. Encourage what motivates your teams and networks. You’ll be blown away at the response you get when people feel like they are growing, daily.
4. We Buy Into The Leader First, Everything Else Second – Want to get more people upgrading in your downline? Make sure you stay upgraded. Want more blog comments? Make more blog comments. Want people to be fired up for your training? Be more fired up for your training. It’s all in your control because everyone wants to be inspired and motivated from what they see. So become more, and you’ll attract better people. That old Zig Ziglar quote keeps playing in my head: “When you help enough people get what they want, you’ll get everything you want!” People before profits…Always!
5. And The More We Understand Each Other, The Better – Jeffrey Gitomer once said “All things being equal, people do business with people they know, like and trust. All things not being equal, they still do business with the people they know, like and trust. Want to get folks to know, like and trust you more? Start to understand them better. Ask questions. Serve them. Add value to their lives and businesses. This is a people business first. Remember that and the sky’s the limit for what you do and become in life.