Some people shrug off the importance of building an email list because they consider it ancient marketing technology. Or perhaps they think they can achieve more through social media and other platforms of promotion.
I get it…
I really do. It’s old. It’s clunky. It’s so 2002…
Here’s a fun little fact though, if you were to ask any online marketer what their number one asset was in business, I could guarantee you they would say…Their email list!
Here are 7 reasons why you need to be building your email list…Today!
1. The List Is Your Business – And the business is your list. I remember years ago when I was talking to my accountant about setting up our business together, the first thing he asked me for was…My email list! They consider that one of the most important assets in business, so if an accountant thinks that way…You might want to share his thoughts and start building your list now!
2. It Builds Your Brand – Everyone talks about how important it is to build a personal brand online, well guess what…Building your email list helps develop that personal brand very effectively. The more people know, like and trust you through your regular contact with them, the better your brand becomes.
3. Instant Communication With Your Most Important Customers – Sure, this could mean the importance of list segmentation, and we’ll get into that on a later date. However if you just think about how important it is to be in front of people that make decisions (aka your customers) , email marketing is a no brainer. Email allows you to communicate with your customers, instantly.
4. It’s The Top Of Your Sales Funnel – Oh yes, the ever popular sales and marketing funnel…Well guess what is on the top of that? Lead generation…And guess what a ‘lead’ is…It’s an email address and a name. After you capture the lead it’s your job as a marketer to provide astronomical value to that potential client so that they stay with you for years…That’s the fun part, but it starts at the top!
5. New Opportunities Pop Up – We have built huge email lists over the years and it’s directly resulted in fantastic opportunities to get involved in exclusive JV contests, program launches, increased commission rates and so much more. The bigger your list becomes, the more opportunities will start to arise.
6. It’s A Metric That Matters – If you are growing your business and things are good, guess what increases? Your subscriber count. Here’s a metric that people can’t argue but gives you a really good indication of the value you are putting out to the market. If your subscriber count is going up, you know you are doing something good. If it’s stagnant, maybe it’s time to revisit your marketing plans…
7. And The Big Kahuna…Moolah! – Let’s be brutally honest there…The better your list, the more money you will make. Every single thing in business online comes down to this one simple fact…If you are growing your subscriber list, you WILL make more money. It’s as simple as that, focus on ways to build your mailing list and watch your income soar in 2017!
8 thoughts to “7 Reasons Why You Need To Build Your Email List Today [Video]”
Outstanding Jon! You nailed it. 🙂
Thank you sir, appreciate it!
Cool vid, lively start but when you get into the content you’re in your element – fabtastic!
If I ever want another marketer to tell me three little words it’s “list, list, list!”
It is that important!
Yessir, nothing can beat it. Just need to get more people thinking list first.
Awesome video Jon. Hopefully more people grasp this. Will see. As for me I started in TE’s 2009 and started building my list and my Blog 2015 that’s one heck of a gap. Took me that long to get my head out of my ass. Although I would say that maybe your twitter followers and You Tube subscribers could be considerd lists. Kind of
Oh for sure…They absolutely can. I’d even try to pull them into your main mailing list if you can….Little formula I love using…
Social media post -> Capture page / Squeeze Page -> Email List = Sales!!!!!
Hi Jon great post! Yes you need to communicate regularly with your list of subscribers in order to keep them informed of what is going on. If you don’t some even forget they belong to your site as a member because there are so many other sites in competition out there.
Thanks Barb, appreciate the comments as always 🙂