It’s been a week since I announced the ‘most difficult contest in the history of STEEM‘ and we did the draw for our winner on Monday night…
Of course, that was the night that the STEEM blockchain froze and I am not sure how many people ended up knowing that we had a winner!
So first up, massive congratulations to @mamasez
You can see the live draw on the @dlive recording here and we had a nice turn out for the show all things considering.
So a few notes about the event, the numbers from it and more importantly…When our next Steem Power contest will be!
Why I created the contest:
1. To reward one lucky participant with 100 Steem Power and give them the push they need to get out there on the blockchain! Getting started in Steem is tough and without a little encouragement (and STEEM power in your pocket) it can be even harder. This is just the first of many contests I plan on running…I believe STEEM is at it’s best when people help each other. I want to live by that rule for my entire time here on the blockchain.
2. To bring more awareness to my Steemit account and generate not only extra publicity but more followers and engagement. I started the contest with around 995 followers, as of this blog post article I have 1051. Now I’m not saying all of those followers are directly from the event, but still…That’s quite a big bump in a week. So it did it’s job! On top of that, I had dozens upon dozens of new Steemians engaging with me and I upvoted them all 🙂
(Also of note, I have been bugging @mamasez to get active with her new delegation and start creating…She promises to use it well and I’m going to encourage her throughout the month to get out there 🙂
A side benefit to this contest was to hopefully show people how they could run their own Steem Power delegation contests for their followers. This didn’t cost me much, other than my Steem Power that I had built up…But I think the benefits of doing these contests outweigh the loss of my 100 SP this month. Of course, I still own the Steem Power but what this does for you and your followers is immense…
– You get to reward YOUR followers! And that’s the biggest benefit to me. That Steem Power I delegated might be the change that someone needs. They get fire dup and start blogging regularly. They start getting rewarded for their content and it could potentially change their life..Wow, that’s such an amazing thing to think about.
– You get to build relationships with your followers and ENGAGE with them daily! Since the contest I’ve noticed my comments increase on the posts I make and it’s my pleasure and honor to upvote each of their comments…Again, building the relationships!
– Your brand and account start getting recognized on Steemit. Of course if you promote it enough and show up on the trending page, you will generate more attention…But this also gets on the radars of leaders on this platform. You start to develop relationships with movers and shakers because they see you giving back to the community!
All in all…This was such a huge win and I can’t wait to do it again…Thank you so much for everyone that took part, followed me and resteemed the contest! You made it so much fun to put on…
Speaking of which….
We will do another Steem Power giveaway in a few weeks. Stay tuned for details but this is something I’m falling in love with doing…Rewarding my followers and engaging with them as much as I can!
And isn’t that what Steemit is all about?
One thought to “The Most Difficult Contest In The History Of Steem – We Have A Winner!”
First off I would like to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you do not
mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your
thoughts prior to writing. I have had trouble
clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I truly do enjoy writing but
it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes
are generally lost simply just trying to figure out how
to begin. Any ideas or tips? Cheers!