I’ve been wanting to do a ‘top 10 books’ list on this blog since day one. I love top lists. There is something very exciting for me to see what other people rank as their top books of all time, and I’m really not sure why I haven’t done one until now….
But here goes….In no particular order, these are my top 10 books of all time for business, personal growth and success. I hope you enjoy the list…
1. Purple Cow by Seth Godin – Now while this list isn’t favorite to least favorite, I do always recommend Purple Cow to be the first book new marketers and affiliate marketers should read. Why? The message is so simple yet important…Be remarkable or die! You need to be remarkable and this book shows you why. The importance of sticking out from the ‘average’ is so important in today’s business climate, and Seth’s classic shows you how!
2. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy – The entire DNA of Plus 1 Daily could be summed up in this book perfectly! The idea of being better at sunset than you were at sunrise is rooted in this blog and a lot of that came from reading Darren’s powerful but short book. This is brilliant stuff. It shows us the power of staying the course by becoming and doing more each and every day! A must read from one of my favorite success leaders on the planet!
3. As A Man Thinketh by James Allen – I know everyone will scan this list looking for Napoleon Hill’s Think & Grow Rich…Unfortunately, you won’t find it because…(Shoot me now!) I think it’s one of the most over rated books in history. Meanwhile, this gem by James Allen is my ‘think and grow rich’. One of the only books I have read more than once (and continue to read it yearly) this is my favorite positive thinking book ever. It was written like 100 years ago but it’s so powerful! It will change your life as soon as you pick it up!
4. Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuk – This was my introduction to the king of social media and I’ve been a huge fan ever since. You know how everyone tells you ‘passion’ is just a buzz word? Well Crush It shows you that passion is essential for everything you do and more importantly, empowers you to find what you LOVE and make a living from it. It’s short but jam packed with Gary Vee-isms that’ll get you fired up to find your calling!
5. The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday – What I love so much about this book is that the author encourages you to face your trials and tribulations when starting a business! He argues that not only is it a must to face an uphill battle, but you’ll come out on top after you reach your peak. I love this book and it encouraged me so much to look at rough roads as something to be celebrated…And well, if you have ever tried to start a business, you’ll know….Rough roads are a mainstay lol
6. The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell – I’m a huge John C. Maxwell fan in case you haven’t read any of my book reviews on the blog 🙂 But this is my all time favorite Maxwell book. This is such an awesome experience that I dedicated literally 10 pages of my Moleskine journal to all the ideas I was writing down when reading it. Personal growth is a choice as he states in the book and I implore you to….CHOOSE to the read this book, it’ll get you fired up and working towards personal growth daily!
7. The Sales Bible by Jeffrey Gitomer – I read this book back in the early 2000’s and it did two things. First, it showed me that selling isn’t the ugly scary beast it’s made out to be. Let’s put it this way, in business you need to learn to sell. And this book showed me the right way to do it! And second, Jeffrey introduced me to be a student of sales and marketing through reading and constant personal education. This was the first book I bought that started my personal library and love for continued learning. This book is a must for anyone in business online or off!
8. The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene – This book is massive in both size and importance! While it took me almost a month to read it, it was worth every second. Robert’s classic teaches us forms of persuasion and influence that is both used for good and against us for potential bad situations. This is the human experience unlike anything you have ever read. There is a reason so many people recommend it and rave about it, it’s life changing and that’s not over hyping this book at all. Learn these laws and you will find some pretty amazing ways to influence and persuade even your toughest potential clients.
9. Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki – While this isn’t necessarily a business book, it did introduce me to Robert’s amazing message of building cash flow generating assets through investing and businesses. And that’s the big message right there for me! Build businesses! Build awesome stuff that will pay you for years to come and change your mentality from employee to owner / investor. A huge impact in my life and a book anyone should read…Not only for the pretty cool real estate advice as well 🙂
10. Goals! by Brian Tracy – One of my favorite authors of all time has put out a ton of great content over the years. While Eat That Frog and No Excuses are 2 of his superior books, I loved Goals for this simple reason…It’s about putting pen to paper! It’s about taking action on all the advice you learn and skills you acquire. Goals is about dreaming big but most importantly, acting on those dreams! I loved this book and how it was written. Brian has a fantastic way of keeping the message simple and to the point.
What books do you feel I left out? What are some of your favorite business and success books of all time? I’d love to hear about them below!